technologies we use and love
The Birdwing Designs team has decades of experience on the web. We’re fluent in current standards of HTML & CSS, and we’ve explored all the major content management systems available to support robust and easy-to-maintain sites for our clients. After years of research and evaluation, we have chosen to specialize in using the WordPress platform.
WordPress is, in our opinion, the most robust, reliable, functional and well-supported Open Source site platform available today for non-enterprise-level clients. The advantages are numerous, including:
- High function at low cost. Because the technology is Open Source, thousands of developers are adding new functionality to the WordPress suite of tools every day. Much of this technology would normally be cost-prohibitive for any one client to commission. Within WordPress, it’s often as easy as clicking a button to add new functionality to your site.
- Constant improvement. WordPress developers are working to make your technology platform better every day through testing and user-generated enhancements, all at no cost to you.
- Adoption. WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system) used worldwide. Its popularity and standardization ensures that at any time, you can hand your site to a readily available WordPress developer to help you maintain or enhance the site without missing a beat. It also gives you peace of mind, as its widespread adoption guarantees long-term viability and support.
- Ease of design improvements. Most sites require a re-design or refresh every 2-3 years to remain competitive, and most of these require a complete and expensive re-build. Not so with WordPress. With only nominal effort, a WordPress site can be instantly transformed into a new, modern aesthetic when you’re ready for a new look. Your site content remains completely secure in the process.
- Online marketing advantage. WordPress sites are built on an inherently search engine-friendly platform and have incorporated valuable, free plug-ins to support your online marketing goals.
content management systems marketshare
Percentages represent percentage of the total marketshare. (Click for larger view.)
Within the the WordPress platform, there’s a huge list of technologies available to incorporate within your site, including:
- video presentation, portfolios and galleries
- online forms and e-mail list sign-ups
- password-protected section(s)
- social media integration (facebook, twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- multi-language content
- user login systems
- online discussion boards and forums
- and much more.
With each project, we work with you to identify the functionality you need. We will also recommend add-ons you may not have considered that have the potential for high impact and minimal investment.
All websites we build incorporate Google Analytics, a robust, comprehensive and free website statistic tracking tool you can use to evaluate and refine your site in the months and years to come.